Simple Tips To Deter Spiders In Redding
October 15, 2022 - Spiders
Most people in Redding don't enjoy sharing their homes with spiders. Unfortunately, spiders are quite common here, and some of them can even be dangerous. Jefferson Pest Control is here to go over which of these dangerous spiders you should be aware of. We'll also provide some tips on home defense for spiders, as well as how to keep them out of your home for good with pest control in Redding.
Types Of Spiders In Redding
Here in Redding, we have several different kinds of spiders that tend to show up in our homes. Some of them are dangerous, so it's important to be able to identify them. A few common spiders in Redding include:
- Black widow spiders
- Brown recluse spiders
- Yellow sac spiders
- Daddy longlegs
- Hobo spiders
- Wolf spiders
Some of these spiders are more dangerous than others. Black widows, for example, are venomous spiders and their bites can be very painful, leading to serious health problems. Brown recluses are also venomous, although their bites are less common and usually not as severe.
The Harm That Spiders Could Cause
Most spiders are not dangerous to humans, but there are a few that you should be aware of. Black widows and brown recluses both have dangerous venom and their bites can cause serious health problems. If you are bitten by either of these spiders, you may experience symptoms such as:
- Muscle cramps
If you experience any of these symptoms after being bitten by a spider, it's important to seek medical help immediately. In some cases, spider bites can even be fatal. If you see a black widow spider or a brown recluse in your home, call a professional pest control company right away.
Five Natural Spider Deterring Tips
There are a few things you can do to get rid of spiders naturally around your home. To keep these pests away, you should:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Spiders are attracted to places that are cluttered and messy.
- Eliminate their food source. Spiders are attracted to homes that have a lot of insects. If you want to deter spiders, getting rid of any insects in your home can help.
- Use essential oils. Essential oils such as peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil can help keep spiders away. Simply add a few drops of these oils to a spray bottle filled with water and spritz it around your home.
- Seal any cracks or holes in your walls or foundation. Spiders tend to enter your home through cracks and holes in your walls or foundation.
- Install screens on all of your windows and doors. Screens can also help deter spiders from entering your home.
Taking these steps can help keep spiders away from your home and make your living space less inviting to them. If you find that you're still having problems with spiders, however, it's time to call in the professionals.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
If you keep seeing spiders around your Redding home, the best way to get rid of them is to call a professional pest control company. The persistent presence of spiders in your home may mean you have a larger infestation that needs to be treated. Jefferson Pest Control can help get rid of spiders in your Redding house for good with our effective pest control services. We're a locally owned and operated company that treats every customer like family, and our treatments come with a pest-free guarantee.
Call Jefferson Pest Control today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Redding and to get started with a free inspection. We're here to help you get rid of your spider problem for good.