Why You Are Having Trouble Getting Rid Of Roaches In Redding
August 15, 2022 - Cockroaches
Cockroaches in Redding are a dangerous pest that no one wants to face at home. They can trigger allergic reactions and are also carriers of dangerous diseases like giardia, leprosy, listeriosis, and salmonellosis.
If cockroaches have invaded your home, learn about the different cockroaches in Redding, find out if they are harmful to your health, and discover how you can get rid of them safely and effectively. If you are struggling with an infestation, Jefferson Pest Control provides pest control in Redding that you can rely on to eliminate and prevent it from returning.
The Types Of Cockroaches That Invade Redding Homes
California is home to at least five types of cockroaches that can potentially transmit serious diseases:
- The German cockroach carries its egg sacks until the babies are ready to hatch. It is generally brown with two dark bands behind its head.
- The brown-banded cockroach is a small cockroach that can be hard to spot.
- The Oriental cockroach is dark brown to black and very difficult to eliminate. If you see a black flying cockroach, it is likely the Oriental type.
- The American cockroach is very common and one of the largest species.
- The Turkestan cockroach is rusty to a red-colored cockroach that prefers being outdoors but can also infect homes.
All five of them can carry dangerous bacteria and viruses and trigger allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
Are Cockroaches Harmful To My Health?
Cockroaches can cause a multitude of health issues, including the following:
- Cockroaches can cause allergies and asthma attacks because of an allergenic protein in their saliva and feces.
- Cockroaches can cause gastrointestinal disorders if they contact your food, including salmonella and diarrhea.
- Some cockroaches can carry the polio virus, leading to paralysis and death.
- They can also cause dysentery and cholera, two water-borne diseases linked to poor sanitation.
If you see a cockroach in your house or even a cockroach nest, it often means that a full-blown infestation is hiding. Read on to learn why getting rid of it can prove challenging.
Why Can't I Get Rid Of Cockroaches In My Home?
There are many reasons why getting rid of cockroaches can be very difficult:
- Cockroaches are extremely good at hiding, and you might not notice an infestation until it has grown considerably.
- Cockroaches can hide underwater, where they will hold their breath for up to 40 minutes, which makes flushing them down a poor method of cockroach control.
- A cockroach exoskeleton is very sturdy and resistant to crushing if you can even catch them.
- Cockroaches can survive without food for a long time. They can derive nourishment from decaying matter, paper, and feces.
- Cockroaches have adapted to pesticides and can resist treatments.
Getting rid of cockroaches can be overwhelming. If you see signs of a cockroach infestation, it might be time to consider professional cockroach control methods.
Effective & Safe Cockroach Control For Redding Homes
For the safest and best way to kill cockroaches, reach out to professionals. These resistant pests can be difficult to eliminate, and they can transmit dangerous diseases to you and your loved ones. When it comes to eradicating them, nothing beats working with experienced, licensed technicians who can provide you with the best treatment plan for your situation.
Based on a thorough inspection, we will determine why cockroaches invaded your home and how you can best get rid of your cockroach problem. If cockroaches have invaded your Redding home, Jefferson Pest Control can help you eliminate them safely and effectively.